Dear Valued Customers,
As your local neighborhood and community grocer, we make your family's health and safety our Number 1 priority. That is why we have implemented specific policies and procedures moving forward to keep our stores clean and stocked. We believe in providing our customers with the best overall experience and want to make you aware of these steps we have set in place.
Ultimately, nobody knows how extensive this outbreak will be. We are closely monitoring both state and federal agencies, including the CDC, the Oregon Health Authority ("OHA"), the California Department of Public Health ("CDPH") and other health organizations to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers and team members. Your health and well-being are important to us.
At Ray's Food Place, Shop Smart and C&K Market, we are taking the steps below to protect our valued customers and team members:
In Our Stores
- Following all sanitation policies for both the Company and the Health Department.
- Providing extra hand sanitizer in all departments and checkout lanes.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for shopping carts, baskets, phones, doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
- Facial tissue is available in all departments.
- Continuing to keep disinfectants available in all departments.
- Cleaning and disinfecting check stands, check-writing platforms, and customer service counters hourly.
- Displaying an informative poster for how to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 at the time clock, break-room, all departments and anywhere else the store deems beneficial.
- Frequently sanitizing and restocking supplies.
- Limiting quantities on specific products so that we will be able to meet the needs of all customers.
Working diligently to secure the products our customers need.
In addition, we are reducing our store hours and will be open from 8 AM to 9 PM. This will allow our team members to ensure that our stores are cleaned, sanitized and stocked better for your safety and shopping experience.
For Our Customers
- Continuing to provide our customers with free disinfectant wipes at our store entrances to sanitize their shopping carts or baskets.
- Recommending that our customers also practice safe food handling at home. For more information about food safety, customers can log on to the FDA website at https://www.fda.gov/food/recalls-outbreaks-emergencies.
For Our Team Members
- Making our team members aware of all relevant federal and state protocols.
- Store management teams are to cover these protocols with all department managers, closing managers, office managers, scanning personnel and front-end managers.
- Encouraging our team members to closely monitor their health and well-being, as well as staying home if a household family member is ill.
- Emphasizing cough and sneeze etiquette as well as proper hand hygiene.
- Ensuring that adequate supplies are maintained throughout all departments and break-room areas.
- Providing financial support from our Helping Hands fund - a company-sponsored employee assistance fund - to assist team members who may incur hardships.
To our Customers, Team Members & Communities:
Our goal is to be there when you need us. The communities that we serve are our priority. Thank you so much for putting your trust in us and shopping with Rays Food Place, Shop Smart and C&K Market.
Karl V. Wissmann
President & CEO
C&K Market, Inc.